With your generous donations and support the following Programs have been sponsored at Meadowbrook Elementary:
- Art Room Supplies – all the supplies in the art room at Meadowbrook, that help bring the young learners imaginations come to life.
- Classroom Support – equipment that allows the students to self-regulate moods, energy and stress in order to focus on learning, like spin bikes and bumpy chairs.
- Educator Support – annual stipend provided to educators who utilize the funds to make individualized learning improvements in their classrooms.
- Grade 5 Year-end Trip – an annual outing for our learners in their last year at Meadowbrook, to make a final special memory.
- Fitness Program* – annual fitness program usually offered in the Spring where every learner has the opportunity to experience daily fitness and exercise. Last year, trained gymnastics staff and apparatuses were brought in and worked with the students daily over a two week period.
- Healthy Snack Program – (formerly Veggie & Fruit Program) monthly nutrition program sponsored, in part, by the Coquitlam Firefighters Charitable Society where healthy snacks and beverages are delivered to the classroom, educating learners on the importance of healthy eating.
- Odyssey of the Mind – a global academic challenge program offered to students, that give the learners an opportunity to exercise their creative problem solving skills.
- Reader Support – proceeds from the bi-annual Book Fairs are used restocking the Meadowbrook Library as well as books for the classroom, giving our young learners to expand their reading horizon.
*These programs are funded by a BC Lottery Corporation grant given to schools that have a P.A.C. that meet the eligibility requirements and use funds towards an approved extracurricular activity.
Interested in having a Program funded?
Ideas for funding are presented and discussed at monthly P.A.C. meetings. To find out about the next meeting, check out our Calendar.